Montecito Summer School Camps
Enrollment for Summer School begins at the end of February each year. Summers at Montecito are full of imaginative summer fun! If your child is a terrific two, thrilling three, fantastic four, Kindergarten or elementary age child up to 5th grade, he or she will enjoy activities inspired by the camps below. Students are divided into groups by age and abilities. Every year we change our camp themes …Wait until you see what we have in store this year!
Gadgets & Goop Artistic Expressions
Weeks 1 & 2: June 20th – June 30th
(No school Monday, June 19th for Teacher Workday)
Awaken your child’s mind to the marvels of the world of science. Measure, pour, and create. Discover, observe, experiment, learn cause & effect, use math in cooking and in the lab, and develop critical thinking! Let’s explore our creative, artistic, and adventurous selves! Use different materials to create your awesome artistic expressions.
- Scientific exploration with liquids, play dough, invisible ink & watercolors
- Build with hardware gadgets, foam, PVC pipe and wood
- Cause objects to fly, sink, float, & create volcanoes
- Create using clay, paint, fabric & glue
- Discover & explore art found in nature & in food
- Sewing & jewelry making and creating art using natural materials
Week 3: July 3rd – July 7t
(No class on July 4th for holiday)
Explore and challenge your physical body, develop skills and your muscles, large and small. Engage in group cooperation and teamwork through fun outdoor games, obstacle courses, and races. Explore and engage with nature, camping, animals, and more! Become a pirate, a jungle animal, and a rodeo star!
- Races and outdoor games, walk and run
- Participate in relay races with your friends!
- Develop your muscles & strategy through obstacle courses
- Camping adventures & exploring the outdoors
- Explore and handle animals on our Montecito safari
- Pirate, Jungle & Rodeo adventures!
Music and Magic Camp
Weeks 4 & 5: July 10th – July 21st
Children will look forward to two (2) weeks of being delighted with musical and magical adventures in this popular camp, taught by Teacher Phillip (Mimo the Magician) and our magical teachers. Come to create & perform with us!
- Campers will learn and take the “magician’s oath.”
- Mini Magicians make their own magic tricks and decorate capes & magicians’ hats.
- Mini Musicians will create their own musical instruments and learn new songs.
- Enjoy the over-the-top “water day!” We will eat our snacks in our bathing suits and on our beach towels, enjoy a giant water slide, play with water toys and the slip-n-slide and play water splash ball games!
- Share tricks and songs with parents in a dazzling performance at the end of camp!
The annual M&M Camp performance will be on Friday, July 21st
Weeks 6 & 7: July 24th – August 4th
Use all 5 senses and your creativity to make yummy cooking creations! Measure, pour, stir, create recipes, and taste what you made. Let’s garden together, learn about the plant life cycles, and plant to our hearts content!
- Use your taste buds, explore textures and delight in cooking!
- Take home a cookbook full of new recipes
- Be creative, discover different foods in nature & at home
- Make breads, cookies & snacks together
- Measure, pour, stir, combine & weigh
- Gardening & Conservation
- Learn about the plant life cycle and handle different kinds of plants
- Work with soil, water, and seeds.
- Explore plants that we eat and plants we don’t
- Learn about what grows in what season and different places where plants grow
- Nature walks, insect-like cycles & bug hunts