Montecito Summer School Camps
Enrollment for Summer School begins at the end of February each year. Summers at Montecito are full of imaginative summer fun! If your child is a terrific two, thrilling three, fantastic four, Kindergarten or elementary age child up to 5th grade, he or she will enjoy activities inspired by the camps below. Students are divided into groups by age and abilities. Every year we change our camp themes …Wait until you see what we have in store this year!
Wonders of Water and All About Art!
Weeks 1 & 2: June 22nd – July 2nd
No school Monday, June 21nd for Teacher Workday
Get the wiggles out, discover, play, explore and go DEEPER with
WATER! Explore physical senses through water, colors & materials –
Let’s explore our creative, artistic, and adventurous selves!
- Learn teamwork & gross motor skills while getting
- Be a water explorer through measuring & pouring and
seeing how water moves through space!
- Play with water tools, toys, and games
- Artistic expression by working with clay, paint, fabric
- Discover & explore art found in nature & in food
- Sewing & jewelry making; building with wood, PVC
pipe and natural materials
Super Science/Gadgets & Goop
Weeks 3 & 4: July 5th – 16th
Engage with nature, camping, animals & science! Awaken your child’s
mind to the marvels of the natural world and become a scientist –
Discover, observe, experiment, learn cause & effect & use
mathematical and critical thinking!
- Gardening & conservation
- Camping & exploring outdoors
- Nature walks, animal life cycles & bug hunts
- Caring for & handling animals
- Scientific exploration with liquids, play dough, invisible ink, &
- Build with hardware gadgets, foam and wood
- Cause objects to fly, sink, float, & create volcanoes
- Measure, pour, stir, weigh, learn shapes & sizes
Week 5: July 19th – 23rd
Kids join us for cooking creations – Using your taste buds, explore textures and delight in cooking skills & measurement! Take home a cookbook full of new recipes. Be creative and discover different foods in nature and in the kitchen!
- Bake breads, cookies & snacks together
- Measure, pour, stir, combine & weigh
- Create your own recipes
- Learn shape & size variations
- Discover where different foods come from
- Explore many different tastes and textures
Music & Magic Camp
Weeks 6 & 7: July 26th – August 6th
At the end of summer, children will look forward to two (2) weeks of being delighted with musical and magical adventures in this popular camp, taught by Teacher Phillip (Mimo the Magician) and our magical teachers. Come to create & perform with us!
- Campers will learn and take the “magician’s oath”
- Mini Magicians make their own magic tricks and decorate their capes & magician’s hats
- Mini Musicians will create their own musical instruments and learn new songs
- Enjoy the over-the-top “water day!” We will eat our snacks in our bathing suits and on our beach towels,
enjoy a giant water slide, play with water toys and the slip-n-slide and play water splash ball games!
- Share tricks and songs with parents in a dazzling performance at the end of camp!