Montecito Summer School Camps
Enrollment for Summer School begins at the end of February each year. Summers at Montecito are full of imaginative summer fun! If your child is a terrific two, thrilling three, fantastic four, Kindergarten or elementary age child up to 5th grade, he or she will enjoy activities inspired by the camps below. Students are divided into groups by age and abilities. Every year we change our camp themes …Wait until you see what we have in store this year!
Nurturing Nature & Artistic Adventures
Weeks 1 & 2: June 23rd – July 3rd
No school Monday, June 22nd for Teacher Workday
Summer is the perfect time to engage with nature & animals in the great outdoors. Awaken your child’s mind to the marvels of the natural world through discovery, creativity and imagination!
- Gardening and conservation
- Nature walks & bug hunts
- Caring for and handling animals
- Artistic expression: Working with clay, paint, fabric and glue
- Art found in nature & in food
- Sewing and jewelry making
- Building with wood, PVC pipe and natural materials
Creative Cooking and Gadgets & Goop
Weeks 3 & 4: July 6th – 17th
Join us for cooking creations – using your taste buds explore texture and delight in cooking skills & measurement! Take home a cookbook full of new recipes! Be a scientist – Discover, observe, experiment, learn cause & effect, explore and use mathematical and critical thinking!
- Bake breads, cookies & snacks together – Create your own recipes
- Measure, pour, stir, weigh, learn shape & size variations
- Scientific exploration of liquids, play dough, invisible ink, and watercolors
- Build with hardware gadgets, foam and wood
- Cause objects to fly, sink and float, and create volcanoes
Super Sports Camp
Week 5: July 20th – 24th
Let your child experience their bodies in motion and their physical abilities indoors and outdoors through movement and high energy sports camps. Let’s get the wiggles out!
- Play & compete in group games such as soccer,
basketball, red light/green light and obstacle courses
- Learn teamwork, sportsmanship, and physical/gross
- Play board games inside and relay races outside
- Build strategic skills, cooperative play, and pre-math skills
- Move our bodies to music and learn about rhythm, movement and dance
- Water play Friday – a full day with water tools, toys and
games … Let’s get wet!
Music & Magic Camp
Weeks 6 & 7: July 27th – August 7th
At the end of summer, children will look forward to two (2) weeks of being delighted with musical and magical adventures in this popular camp, taught by Teacher Phillip (Mimo the Magician) and our magical teachers. Come to create & perform with us!
- Campers will learn and take the “magician’s oath”
- Mini Magicians make their own magic tricks and decorate their capes & magician’s hats
- Mini Musicians will create their own musical instruments and learn new songs
- Enjoy the over-the-top “water day!” We will eat our snacks in our bathing suits and on our beach towels, enjoy a giant water slide, play with water toys and the slip-n-slide and play water splash ball games!
- Share tricks and songs with parents in a dazzling performance at the end of camp!
- Our annual Ice Cream Social to follow the M&M Camp performance on Friday, August 7th.